Question My system won't load from my SSD

Mikeezmode

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
Hello. Today I was playing World Of Warcraft like any other day, suddenly, my pc started freezing out, but not my game; note that my game is installed on an HDD and not the SSD in question. Windows functions simply were way too slow, Chrome even froze at a point and never returned to normality, at this point I said what the hell, and simply restarted my system with the case button.

As it was loading back up, I noted that it was taking way too long, more than usual, seeing as I'm loading Windows from my SSD, it should have fully booted into Windows in less than 30 seconds, yet there had passed at least 5 minutes and I was JUST putting in my Windows' PIN to log-in... It never logged and I restarted again, this time, however, I was received with a message that said "Preparing Automatic Repair"... It took it's time and finally I was at the screen where you choose different options to fix your boot... Nothing really worked, I tried Repairing the Start Up and that didn't take either... I'm not sure what to do or why did this even happen...

Right now I'm using my HDD and Booting from that specific HDD... Oh!! Also... I can see my SSD here now that I'm booted into my HDD, I can take files from the SSD to the HDD without any problems... It's like my Boot was somehow damaged while I was playing? I'm a pretty 'advanced' user, I don't really download anything with virus, I don't even have an antivirus because I'm fairly confident in my ability to properly download files... I should say however, that I had Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed and the 'Basic' Windows 10 antivirus also activated... I'm at a lost here, fellas... If anyone can somehow help me, I would be more than grateful... My computer is pretty much my workplace, so, any help is very much appreciated... Good night!

Mikeezmode

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
hello (I'm normally sleeping at 3 AM) and good afternoon.

Ok, let's focus on software then. Have you installed or upgraded anything prior to the problem?

What happens if you reinstall Windows? Would it help?

I'm guessing if I reinstall Windows the problem would be solved, but I would like to know what happened so that I don't do it again... And I'm hoping that I don't have to re-install Windows and format my drive, I have a lot of important apps and info on the SSD, formatting and re-installing apps takes to much time, I would just like to repair my boot somehow... I just have no clue what happened or how to fix it.

And no, I didn't install or upgrade anything

Mikeezmode

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
You should backup your important files anyway.

Also, you may want to take backup of the whole windows installation. You can have an external harddrive for that, and use e.g. Clonezilla to perform the backup (save disk to file).

So that's the solution I guess? Formatting and Reinstalling Windows? :/

Maybe. Or maybe not. It's kind of hard guessing your computer fault from half the way around the globe.

Reinstall windows may include some hours of works with reinstall programs etc, so you may want to check some other things first.

Among that is to check for faulty ram. You should use Memtest86+ to perform that test. Make it run for some hours, maybe overnight if possible.

Mikeezmode

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
Maybe. Or maybe not. It's kind of hard guessing your computer fault from half the way around the globe.

Reinstall windows may include some hours of works with reinstall programs etc, so you may want to check some other things first.

Among that is to check for faulty ram. You should use Memtest86+ to perform that test. Make it run for some hours, maybe overnight if possible.

I don't really think there's a problem with any of the rams, or I would be having the same issue with my HDD, and right now I'm using it, it's the SSD that's corrupted somehow... It jut won't boot up.