[SOLVED] My task manager showing the wrong usage

Feb 15, 2019
So my task manager is showing 100% randomly, when I play fortnite it shows 50 to 60 then randomly goes to 100 and when I add it, it doesn’t even equal 100

Solution
Wrong direction. When a game or app uses the cpu, it's a measure against total as to what's being used. So if a game uses most of 2 threads on a quad core, it's using @50% of the ability. Throw in some services etc and you may see 70% total usage. It's not a case of the games using 100% of the cpu ability when running right and less when not running fast enough. So usage will almost never add upto 100% unless you are running games optimized for 8 threads on a 4 thread cpu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Wrong direction. When a game or app uses the cpu, it's a measure against total as to what's being used. So if a game uses most of 2 threads on a quad core, it's using @50% of the ability. Throw in some services etc and you may see 70% total usage. It's not a case of the games using 100% of the cpu ability when running right and less when not running fast enough. So usage will almost never add upto 100% unless you are running games optimized for 8 threads on a 4 thread cpu.

Solution