[SOLVED] My TV stopped connecting to the internet...

Oct 14, 2019
During last xmas, all of a sudden, my TV stopped connecting to internet. I don't know why and how that happened. I tried restarting everything, but to no success. I am a bit of noob when it comes to this, so what options do i have available?

The TV is a Hitachi 49HL8000 (Swedish model)

Any ideas?

Solution
Likely that the TV was reset to factory settings and is no longer joining your network.

Current network connection: wired or wireless?

If wired have you tried another known working ethernet cable? Is the connection directly from TV to router or are there wall outlets, powerline adapters, or switches involved?

Make and model router? The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router?

You will need help from that person to check the logs and/or reconfigure the TV's network settings be they wired or wireless.

Ralston18

Titan
Likely that the TV was reset to factory settings and is no longer joining your network.

If wired have you tried another known working ethernet cable? Is the connection directly from TV to router or are there wall outlets, powerline adapters, or switches involved?

Make and model router? The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue.

You will need help from that person to check the logs and/or reconfigure the TV's network settings be they wired or wireless.

Solution
Oct 14, 2019

Ok. It is wired, and it is in my apartment. I am the admin of everything.

It's an ASUS N300 3-in-1 router.

I will first try to setup a new network connection on the tv to see if it works.