Question My UPS just started sending me disconnect messages, but it doesn't seem to disconnect ?

IrvSp

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2013
UPS model: Cyberpower CPF1000PCFLCD

This just started a few weeks ago. I never know or see it disconnect, but I'm getting the PowerPanel Personal s/w sending me emails like this:

----------------------
[Power Panel Personal Power Event Notification]
Open: 2024-08-10 17:02:16
Power Event Notification: Communication with the UPS has been lost
----------------------

I never get a reconnect message though. Usually when power drops I do get the normal notice it is discharging and then when power comes back the stopping of discharge.

I'm on the latest Windows 11 Home release, Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631.

I've checked all the USB properties and none are set to turn off the USB port to save power?

In the Power Plan, the PC is set to go to sleep after 30 minutes of activity and had always been like that. USB selective suspend setting is Disabled?

I have no clue why this started recently?

Ideas??? Suggestions???

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I suggest that you contact CyberPower and describe your issue to them. Could be UPS issue, could be your PC issue (since USB ports on MoBo can die).

While i too have CyberPower UPSes in use (i have CP1300EPFCLCD) alongside their Power Panel software, i haven't gotten such an error with my UPSes in the past 6 years i've used them. And i have two of them. One is backing up my PC, 2nd one is backing up missus'es PC.

Due to that, i suggest contacting CyberPower and look what they are saying.

IrvSp

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2013
I suggest that you contact CyberPower and describe your issue to them. Could be UPS issue, could be your PC issue (since USB ports on MoBo can die).

While i too have CyberPower UPSes in use (i have CP1300EPFCLCD) alongside their Power Panel software, i haven't gotten such an error with my UPSes in the past 6 years i've used them. And i have two of them. One is backing up my PC, 2nd one is backing up missus'es PC.

Due to that, i suggest contacting CyberPower and look what they are saying.
Thanks for the reply.

I was leaning towards the USB port too, but my keyboard and mouse connects to that and they seem to work fine. Same Backplane strip and USB controller, so I sort of don't think it was the USB?

I did look at the Power Panel Personal. It showed V2.4.0, and when I checked UPDATE it said I was up to date? So I decided to look on CyberPower site and discovered V2.6.0 is the latest? Odd? So I got it but had to uninstall V2.4.0 first. I use Revo Uninstaller and it said it was updated a week ago? So I removed it, but first when and looking into the log. Those messages started on 7/27/2024, at least one per day and occasionally 2? Never the same time, and usually not even close to when the PC was turned on or off? I did see one power drop and it reported as usual going on and off the Battery. I also checked the MS Update log and nothing was done on that date, so it might not be the OS?

I recall I used to get a 'connection' email on every boot or reboot, and I think maybe even when the PC was shutdown, but probably not and the unit wouldn't have Internet access?

So far today, since going to the newer version of PPP it has not happened again?

If I try the Update on V2.6.0 it also, as it should, says I'm up-to-date?