Question My UPS suddenly cuts all the power and do a long beep

Jun 6, 2019
Hello, I have an recent issue after 8 years with my Mustek PowerMust 1000 UPS. It suddenly cuts the power for my PC after 30m - 1H plus of working - (my PC instantly shuts down) and the UPS does a reaaaally long beep (like beeeeeeeeeeeee-- and it won't shut up until I press the power button). (UPS malfunction)

It's weird because, when it is running, if I unplug it from the wall, it keeps my computer for the 10 mins that it's supposed to.

Batteries are OK, (I measured them, and made the UPS self test) Logs are empty (no time to register when shuts down). No software problem also.

I'm sure it's some hardware problem, electric transistor, capacitor etc... but can't figured it out yet .
As it is a online design UPS I suspect it is a problem in the inverter system, I've changed so far 2 voltage regulators, wich were in my opinion overheating and could shutdown.
I will replace all the power mosfets and some capacitors also...

Anyone with same problem or ideas, that could help me out? Thanks :)

Jun 6, 2019
Thank You Guys for your replies, I've replaced the batteries 3-4 years ago and I remember the malfunction was nothing like this, each battery is around 13V so they are balanced and at optimal voltage, also I've performed the UPS self test and even left the UPS drain all the power from them till it automatically self shut down my PC. Everything was normal.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thank You Guys for your replies, I've replaced the batteries 3-4 years ago and I remember the malfunction was nothing like this, each battery is around 13V so they are balanced and at optimal voltage, also I've performed the UPS self test and even left the UPS drain all the power from them till it automatically self shut down my PC. Everything was normal.
It may just be time for a new UPS.