Question My usage of components are low

Jul 27, 2021
Hello, recently i bought new components to my PC but i notice my gpu and ram usage is very low. For example in Fortnite I have only around 2gb ram of usage and around 30% of gpu usage. Fps is around 100-140 on low But If i change settings for example 1280x720 and 25% 3d resolution on low, the FPS are almost the same as FullHd medium graphic. This is not happening only on Fortnite but for example in Dead by daylight also. I have on performance power saving mode in control panel, same as in nvidia control panel, but its still same and i don't have on v-sync. Thank you for any help.

Components:
RTX 2060 super
i5-9400F
16gb ram 2666mhz
gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard
500W

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
For example in Fortnite I have only around 2gb ram of usage and around 30% of gpu usage. Fps is around 100-140 on low But If i change settings for example 1280x720 and 25% 3d resolution on low, the FPS are almost the same as FullHd medium graphic.

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but isn't it good that your PC spec usage are low?

Also, the reason its still so low is properly because your graphic settings are still on 'low' and 'medium' settings. Your PC specs are more than capable to run Fortnight and Dead by daylight at high if not max settings:

https://www.game-debate.com/games/i...am_totalMem=8&game[]=23918#systemRequirements

Jul 27, 2021
Forgive me if I misunderstood, but isn't it good that your PC spec usage are low?

Also, the reason its still so low is properly because your graphic settings are still on 'low' and 'medium' settings. Your PC specs are more than capable to run Fortnight and Dead by daylight at high if not max settings:

https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=23918&game=Dead+by+Daylight&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Core+i5-9400F+6-Core+2.9GHz&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+RTX+2060+Super+8GB&ram=16&checkSubmit=&processor[]=791&grafcard[]=389&ram_totalMem=8&game[]=23918#systemRequirements

My processor is not bottlenecking my gpu, even when i was looking at some benchmarks, on low settings he was getting around 7gb ram of usage and around 220 fps, mine fps is around 140 with high dropping under 90 also his gpu usage was at around 65% atleast same in other games.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
My processor is not bottlenecking my gpu, even when i was looking at some benchmarks, on low settings he was getting around 7gb ram of usage and around 220 fps, mine fps is around 140 with high dropping under 90 also his gpu usage was at around 65% atleast same in other games.

I'm not sure who you were referring to when you said 'he', but there is a lot of things to consider when comparing one's PC performance with another:
  • The type of RAM they use (Speed, Frequencies etc.)
  • SSD or HDD (also how full the HDD is).
  • Regular defrag on HDD.
  • Temperature of CPU and GPU.
  • Overclocked or not.
All of this could affect performance (some of them will only help a little bit while others could increase fps by a lot).

Turning graphics settings on low shifts the burden of performance on the CPU more than the GPU. The CPU determines the maximum frame rate, and if this is lower than the maximum the GPU can achieve, the GPU is simply going to idle.

If you want to verify things are working "as intended", run a benchmark program like 3DMark.

Jul 27, 2021
Turning graphics settings on low shifts the burden of performance on the CPU more than the GPU. The CPU determines the maximum frame rate, and if this is lower than the maximum the GPU can achieve, the GPU is simply going to idle.

If you want to verify things are working "as intended", run a benchmark program like 3DMark.

That is really weird, I had gtx 1050 ti before and I had nearly better fps on Fortnite than rtx 2060 super...

Jul 27, 2021
I'm not sure who you were referring to when you said 'he', but there is a lot of things to consider when comparing one's PC performance with another:
  • The type of RAM they use (Speed, Frequencies etc.)
  • SSD or HDD (also how full the HDD is).
  • Regular defrag on HDD.
  • Temperature of CPU and GPU.
  • Overclocked or not.
All of this could affect performance (some of them will only help a little bit while others could increase fps by a lot).

That's weird, even my old gtx 1050 ti can do better fps.. I had 8gb ram, run it on HDD nearly full and intel I3... Now It is on SSD and It's worse. Overclocking is not working for me, my card is on 80 degrees + on low settings even i speed up the fans. Sometimes it will drop under 80fps... And I don't think that every benchmark I have seen was overclocked...