[SOLVED] My user account is on a different language and I have issues with directories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazacat

Honorable
Mar 22, 2017
So recently I have been trying to download some programs but some of them have an directory error or some of them wont launch until I log onto a different user. I want to change my user account's name to change the directory so things could start working again.

lazacat

Honorable
Mar 22, 2017
A side note, changing the username WILL NOT change the user directory's name. It's possible, but takes a long and somewhat risky process. We can use some explanation for that error though.
So, for example, when I try to download my AMD drivers the installer has an error that seemingly is fixed by a different directory or user. It says: NSIS Error: Error launching installer. The problem is that I have been using the different language user for pretty much everything I did on this computer and I know that the solution is to just change the user but most things like Downloads or Desktop things disappear, for example when I log into the other user most of my programs are missing but they are steam games so they still work. The errors I had were solved by just logging onto a different user. Really the only thing I need is to know if it's possible to change the user without having to go deep into windows and break something.

lazacat

Honorable
Mar 22, 2017
would it be easier to change download location?
I try to look to change download location for most things I install, but I don't seem to find it too often. However, if it has a change download location I install it somewhere else. But the best solution seems to just change my user, which I will try to do and see if any errors start occuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.