[SOLVED] My WiFi card isn't working. My Wifi option in network settings is missing.

Mar 21, 2019
I am using a custom Windows 10 PC. The only thing I can use it Ethernet and my Ethernet cord has been missing. I have no WiFi Icon in the tool bar and only a screen with a red X. When I click on it it says not connected, no connections available. I browse through the device manager and find that my network controller has no driver and I can't update it, without internet, and It says no drivers are compatible with that device. Yet it has worked in the past. So how do people set up WiFi in the first place when they need WiFi to get the drivers for it to work. Something is wrong. My WiFi card is clearly in my computer yet I can't see it on my computer. Here is the, name or what ever it is saying inside my computer. TP-LINK Model: Archer T6E PCI-E.

I am really getting annoyed with my computer because it is a home to a ton of problems that have no solution much less anyone else who is having them. For Some reason they eventually go away. I am really not sure why that happens.

Mar 21, 2019
Have you tried the driver from the TP-Link website?: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/archer-t6e/

How do i get the driver If i have no WiFI? I can't transfer that thing from this chrome book to my PC without WiFI. What would be the point if I did have WiFI anyways. I could just get it from my PC. Although thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will see what I can do.

EDIT: I figured it out, I had to use a USB drive to transfer the driver files to my PC from my chromebook, and now everything is working like a charm. Thank you for your help. I will always come to this forum for any future issues.

Last edited: