My windows 10 DESKTOP PC will not wake from sleep mode!

graviermarc

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
I don't know why but my Dell Desktop PC will not wake from sleep mode. The indocator light on the outside blinks when the PC is in sleep mode, and when I click the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard, the light becomes solid indicating it is no longer in sleep mode (though nothing on the monitor displays).
I've tried disabling hibernation, changing power plans, resetting power plans, updating drivers, setting keyboard and mouse to wake system. What do I do? I'm getting so fed up with Windows and all it's hundreds of issues which are never able to be resolved on their question and answer forum.

Thank you for any help.

graviermarc

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017

It's an integrated video card. This is actually a family member's PC which they bought 5 months ago.
It's nothing special in terms of specs.

if you get the system to wake up, you should go the dell website for your machine and update the BIOS and motherboard drivers. The gpu (gpu that is inside the CPU or on the motherboard) update might help. often the bios updates will just set the machine for better default values.

the test of disconnecting of the video cable is useful if you have a external monitor. Sometimes the monitors have their own sleep circuits.

sometimes the gpu/bios have a setting to repost the video after sleep. (something like repost video from s1/s3 in the bios, if not turned on you might get a blank screen when the system wakes)
s1 = sleep state 1
s3 = sleep state 3
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/system-sleeping-states

graviermarc

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017

I tried updating the BIOS (it was already updated, but I re-flashed it just in case). I disabled Deep Sleep Control (Instead of "Enabled in S4 and S5"), and I tried unplugging and replugging in the monitor during a failed sleep-resume. Any other ideas? :(