[SOLVED] My Z623 speakers sound bad on my PC

poodude28

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2014
It's almost like the sound balance is messed up, some sounds are too quiet and it just seems all around bad. If I put my ear up against the speaker part of the subwoofer, it's really quiet.
I might have found part of the problem and I don't know how to fix it. Certain sounds are not coming through one of the speakers, and are only coming through the other one and the subwoofer itself is way too quiet. Certain sounds in the speakers are also too quiet, things just feel unbalanced in general.

I think the main issue is that certain sounds are only going through one speaker rather than both of them and the subwoofer is too quiet. The quality of the audio still isn't great.
I may have also messed up something with the things that I am meant to plugin because when I take out the 3.5 mm headphone jack the sound stops working in the speakers and that doesn't make any sense when the left and right speakers are plugged in a different way.

I linked the speakers and the guide below that I am using.
It doesn't make sense that unplugging the 3.5mm thing made for headphones would make both speakers stop working that are plugged in differently does it?? If you look at the Logitech guide below, I have the subwoofer power plug into the wall, the left satellite speaker wire into the bottom of the back of the subwoofer, the right speaker input into the subwoofer, and the 3.5 mm audio input cable into the subwoofer and the back of my computer.

I'm installing Realtek audio drivers now and maybe there's an option in the audio manager that I can change to fix this as well.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003VAHYTG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.logitech.com/assets/65737/mojo-z623-web-qsg.pdf

Last edited:
Solution
if your rear I/O audio jack works as it should with other stereo devices i would be leaning towards a bad speaker set.

i have a similar Klipsch THX 2.1 speaker set that connects pretty much the same way and have zero issue running it.

i would try connecting the speaker set to another 3.5mm stereo output device and see if it functions properly.
and try another stereo playback device using the computer's rear I/O stereo jack.

if the speaker set turns out to be faulty just send it back.
if your rear I/O audio jack works as it should with other stereo devices i would be leaning towards a bad speaker set.

i have a similar Klipsch THX 2.1 speaker set that connects pretty much the same way and have zero issue running it.

i would try connecting the speaker set to another 3.5mm stereo output device and see if it functions properly.
and try another stereo playback device using the computer's rear I/O stereo jack.

if the speaker set turns out to be faulty just send it back.

Solution