Mystery Bios version (P8Z68-V LE mb)

triffidfood

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I have a 7 year old P8Z68-V LE motherboard and want to update the Bios, so I can install a new GTX 1060 graphics card (which my computer otherwise isn't recognising).

But, here's the weird thing .. my Bios version is 1106 (I checked this using run>cmd and also by going into the Boot options or whatever they're called), but there is no Bios version 1106 listed for my motherboard, so I have no idea how old it actually is (I'm assuming this is the Bios which originally came with the motherboard but can't be entirely sure of this).

The Bios versions for which are here by the way: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_LE/HelpDesk_BIOS/

So, has anyone heard of this Bios version, or know anything about it? Or have any experience of updating the Bios on this motherboard? (I'm intending to use Asus EZ Flash 2 to do this, by the way)

Thanks for any help :)

triffidfood

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012

Hi, as part of a pre-built system .. I bought it about 7 years ago (though the Bios may be slightly younger than that, since my PC went back in for 'repairs' in 2013 and they may have updated the Bios at the same time, I'm not sure).

Hi, Then, that's the reason. ASUS use different BIOS for their systems. Warranty related. You can try ordering a BIOS chip on ebay and replacing the board's one. Or, if you remember the model of the system, look on its ASUS webpage and see if there's a newer BIOS version available. Not on the board's webpage.

triffidfood

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Hi, sorry I didn't really explain .. by "pre-built" I meant that I bought the PC from Chillblast .. I chose the components and they put it together, so it's not actually an Asus system as such.

Incidentally, would replacing the BIOS chip (if it came to it) mean having to do some soldering, or do they normally just slot in?