Question Mystic Light Issues HELP!!

Jun 3, 2018
Hi,
I just recently built my new PC and am currently using the B450 Tomahawk.
The motherboard has RGB lighting onboard as well as 2x RGB headers.
Today I decided to buy 2 RGB strips to go into my build that were compatible with Mystic Light.
When I use mystic light everything works fine except for the music sync which just strobes through all the colors really fast, out of sync with the music.
When I watch other videos on using this effect the lights react to volume, sound, bass, treble, etc.
How do I achieve this?
I uninstalled gaming app and mystic light and reinstalled. I even updated my BIOS to the newest version just now. (Even though it was just optional)
My gaming app only shows one tile that I can click on on the top which is the eye where I can adjust display. I see other people using it that have access to the RGB section of the app. I don't even see that feature.
Everything is up to date and reinstalled and everything yet I don't have access to those features that I see others using. I called into MSI and received very poor customer support on the subject and was told I had a bad mobo and needed to send it in but the guy was just very rude and put-off by my questions and was the one who had me flash my bios to the newest version over this. Please help. I would really like this feature as it is very aesthetically pleasing to me.

The motherboard does not come with any 5v addressable RGB lighting. You should have bought a motherboard that included that feature for what you want.

Your motherboard does offer case lighting, but is non-addressable.

Non-addressable RGBs, the whole strip/array of RGB LEDs displays one colour at any time. This colour can transition, shift, breath/pulse, etc, across the entire RGB LED colour spectrum - and AURA provides a variety of snazzy themes/effects - but every RGB LED is always exactly the same colour as all its neighbours at any given instant, the whole strip is "all or nothing".

Addressable RGBs, each RGB LED (or segment/block of RGB LEDs) can display a different colour and intensity than its neighbours. Some could be lit in one colour or lit in another or more intense or less intense while others are simultaneously displaying something else. Everything that non-addressable RGB does but more fancy animation/striping/chasing effects are possible. Higher cost and complexity.

Reactions: jonathanmnicoli
Jun 3, 2018
The motherboard does not come with any 5v addressable RGB lighting. You should have bought a motherboard that included that feature for what you want.

Your motherboard does offer case lighting, but is non-addressable.

Non-addressable RGBs, the whole strip/array of RGB LEDs displays one colour at any time. This colour can transition, shift, breath/pulse, etc, across the entire RGB LED colour spectrum - and AURA provides a variety of snazzy themes/effects - but every RGB LED is always exactly the same colour as all its neighbours at any given instant, the whole strip is "all or nothing".

Addressable RGBs, each RGB LED (or segment/block of RGB LEDs) can display a different colour and intensity than its neighbours. Some could be lit in one colour or lit in another or more intense or less intense while others are simultaneously displaying something else. Everything that non-addressable RGB does but more fancy animation/striping/chasing effects are possible. Higher cost and complexity.
Ah, I'm new to the whole RGB thing. When the new AMD chipset boards drop I'll look into one with 5v connectors. Thanks!