Question Nahimic breaking internet browser, now sound driver (Nahimic service)

WaywardSun

Honorable
Mar 22, 2016
So, a while back, I was having a bizarre issue with my computer's internet browser. No matter which browser I used (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE, Opera, etc.), there was a 12 second delay between starting it and having a window come up. There was no delay in the search, and none in pulling up additional windows, but any time I had to start the browser from scratch, it took 12 seconds.

12 seconds starts feeling like more than a minor annoyance when it happens multiple times per day on a high-end system where you're accustomed to instant response, so I did a little research. Eventually, I came across a strange thread that said that Asus' Nahimic Service was causing consistent delays in browser startup. I went into task scheduler, removed all the Nahimic services (Nahimic 32 Task, Nahimic 64 Task, Nahimic 32 Task Run, Nahimic 64 Task Run), and the internet start delay dropped from 12 seconds to a very reasonable 1-2.

Unfortunately, it appears my computer's speaker jack has now stopped working. I tried scheduling the Nahimic tasks again (on startup) to see if reenabling them would do anything, but it appears nothing has changed.

Weirdly, my headphones / Blue Yeti combo that uses a USB connection works just fine.

I'd really like to be able to use my browser and speakers like a normal person. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can do about this?

The motherboard is an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-H (Version Rev X.0x).

WaywardSun

Honorable
Mar 22, 2016
reinstall the audio driver and don't install asus utility

Are we talking the driver on the motherboard, Realtek, or something else?

I have no problems messing with this stuff, but I haven't done much with audio drivers and don't want to screw this up any further by not knowing what I'm doing.