[SOLVED] Nahimic sound program

rulerss

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
I have just updated my realtek sound driver on my Asrock z490. I haven't updated them ever since I constructed the mainboard in the pc. It is the first time now.

I also installed a secondary program called Nahimic. Is it any good? I see it has some equalizer features and a surround mode. If it's good, can I close the application and still have an effect?

Or do I always need to leave it open, when I play a game? I want to use that FPS competition equalizer.

Solution
Test it. With and without gaming. Using different audio configurations as applicable and appropriate for your computer and sound system.

What exactly do you expect that "competition equalizer" to do? Subjectively and objectively. Can you measure the performance in some manner?

If Nahimic meets your requirements and does not cause any problems then continue using Nahimic.

Test with the Nahimic open and closed.

"Good" (especially with respect to audio) is subjective. As is actual use with respect to "user friendly", specific features, functions, and so forth.

No harm in trying Nahimic out.

Just, as you always should be doing anyway, be sure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the current...

Ralston18

Titan
Test it. With and without gaming. Using different audio configurations as applicable and appropriate for your computer and sound system.

What exactly do you expect that "competition equalizer" to do? Subjectively and objectively. Can you measure the performance in some manner?

If Nahimic meets your requirements and does not cause any problems then continue using Nahimic.

Test with the Nahimic open and closed.

"Good" (especially with respect to audio) is subjective. As is actual use with respect to "user friendly", specific features, functions, and so forth.

No harm in trying Nahimic out.

Just, as you always should be doing anyway, be sure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the current host computer. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I had significant issue with Nahimic when installing it on a Z590 board I have. Once I installed it I had no sound out of any device be it back panel, front panel, or HDMI. The bad part was that uninstalling it and just trying a fresh install of the standard drivers also wouldn't work properly. I ended up having to do a clean install. Supposedly one of the BIOS updates took care of the issue but I am gun shy to a degree that I don't want to try again.

rulerss

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
Yes, I have a similar z490 mainboard. But I only installed it today, when the program was newer.

At first, I installed an old version from the mainboard cd. And that didn't worked that well. So I uninstalled it and tried new one from the asrock site.

I will begin testing now. I am glad that everything is safe with your help. One time I installed an unofficial overclocking program for a msi graphic card and

it burnt down in 2 weeks. Pink pixels were starting to appear. Though it gave more frames in the games.

One last question: Should I upgrade the bios, like you did, or leave it from the factory?

Did you make an auto update in bios mode with an internet connection?

Maybe your nahimic program was old and bad. This one is without bugs.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Went to manufacturer website and downloaded BIOS (check to make sure whether you have to do them in order or skip to newest) extract and place the appropriate file onto a properly formatted USB, boot to BIOS and I think it is called "Q flash" (or similar) from which it reboots to and you select the proper version from the USB drive.