Question NAS Drive for gaming

Mar 5, 2020
For that price you should have just bought a 1 TB SSD. NAS drives are designed to run for days and weeks on end and also meant more for RAID setups.

I woudl return the drive and either save a boat load of money and get a normal HDD or buy a SSD.
I actually got a deal on it for a $100. I do not know if that changes your opinion, but I thought I would throw that out there.

100 bucks for 2TB HDD is still way steep for a gaming computer. As I said either get a normal HDD which is more then adequate for gaming use, or a SSD.

You can find SSDs like the Crucial MX500 and Curcial P1 (if you mobo has a M.2 NVMe Slot) for around 100-120USD. Intel 660P sometimes go on sale for under 100 USD for 1TB. On Newegg Western Digital has a sale on their SSDs.

Almost any SSD you pick will outperform a traditional HDD.

Mar 5, 2020
100 bucks for 2TB HDD is still way steep for a gaming computer. As I said either get a normal HDD which is more then adequate for gaming use, or a SSD.

You can find SSDs like the Crucial MX500 and Curcial P1 (if you mobo has a M.2 NVMe Slot) for around 100-120USD. Intel 660P sometimes go on sale for under 100 USD for 1TB. On Newegg Western Digital has a sale on their SSDs.

Almost any SSD you pick will outperform a traditional HDD.
Alright, I will look into the SSD's. Thank you so much for your time! I really appreciate it!