[SOLVED] NAS not reaching fastest speeds ?

Apr 16, 2021
I have a TrueNAS server with an i5-8400, 970 evo with 4 2tb seagate nas hard drives and a 120gb su365 that has the os installed on it, and a Asrock b365m phantom gaming 4(1gb/s ethernet). I've been testing the speeds and they reach a maximum of 11mb/s. My other computer has a 2.5gb/s port and I've been transferring from the m.2 ssd to the server through a 1gb/s switch. I used to be able to obtain over 80 mb/s but after installing the m.2 drive as a cache it no longer reads or writes as fast.

Solution
I have a TrueNAS server with an i5-8400, 970 evo with 4 2tb seagate nas hard drives and a 120gb su365 that has the os installed on it, and a Asrock b365m phantom gaming 4(1gb/s ethernet). I've been testing the speeds and they reach a maximum of 11mb/s. My other computer has a 2.5gb/s port and I've been transferring from the m.2 ssd to the server through a 1gb/s switch. I used to be able to obtain over 80 mb/s but after installing the m.2 drive as a cache it no longer reads or writes as fast.
11MB/s sounds like your ethernet adapter is running at 100Mbit. Swap the cable between the NAS and the switch with a brand new, factory made, 100% copper cat5e or cat6A cable. No flat or thin cables.

kanewolf

Titan
11MB/s sounds like your ethernet adapter is running at 100Mbit. Swap the cable between the NAS and the switch with a brand new, factory made, 100% copper cat5e or cat6A cable. No flat or thin cables.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemesia
Solution