NAS Setup Help

WinQuick

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Hi Guys,
I am kind of new to this whole Home Networking kind of thing and I was wondering if you would be able to help me out.

I am thinking about getting a NAS, a My Book Live 2tb to be exact, and using it to stream Movies and Tv shows to all of my computers and TV's in the house.

I was just wondering that if i used a switch and connected it to my NAS then also ran a cable from the Switch to my WD TV live in another room, if i would be able to still attach the switch to the router and be able to connect to the NAS through my Laptop or Mobile Devices.

I was just wondering if it would be capable of streaming content both Wired and Wireless (preferably at the same time.).

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
YES.
You can connect the NAS directly to your Wireless Router or a switch connected to the Router.
A Switch connected to the router is a better option since the Wireless Router usually heats up pretty bad when too many streams (Wireless and Wired) are on simultaneously.
Connecting the NAS to the Switch is the way to go, plus it'll be easier for you to manage the cables all around in one simple stack....
YES.
You can connect the NAS directly to your Wireless Router or a switch connected to the Router.
A Switch connected to the router is a better option since the Wireless Router usually heats up pretty bad when too many streams (Wireless and Wired) are on simultaneously.
Connecting the NAS to the Switch is the way to go, plus it'll be easier for you to manage the cables all around in one simple stack....

Solution