Navigating Windows 10 Mobile With Or Without Nokia HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaldenski

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Thank you very much for this article with good news for us Windows Phone users! We may be a minority but I and I'm sure most of my fellow Windows Phone users have been very happy with WP of which Here maps has been a very important part and hope to continue being at least as happy in the future. It's a shame that with all the FUD surrounding Windows on phones such re-assurance is necessary.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
While I admit to being a minority user, as a windows phone user I have shown the platform to dozens of ( now ex apple and android ) others, and have found that they are generally much more satisfied with the change to Windows Phones. I hope to be able to continue, though I am quote disappointed with the lack of news with respect to new handsets for Verizon ( and others ) with windows Phone 10 support.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
It's such a shame that any conversation about handsets or mobile OS eventually gravitates towards which carrier you are using. We have no such issues in the UK, we do have some carrier exclusives but they only last a few months or can be bypassed entirely by going through online vendors. You can have your phone and carrier combination of choice, such a shame the carriers have the USA by the balls, probably why Windows Phone does better in the UK. Google probably slushing large amounts of cash to the carriers to stock the bare minimum of non-Android handsets.

PoohGQ

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
I still don't have Here! on my Windows 10 Mobile install on my Lumia 925. Also, the Microsoft alternative for Here! apps is still lacking a Transit app replacement.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Personally i don`t think Audi/BMW/Mercedes will pull the support from windows phone. I like the app on my phone but it`s lacking a simple option that was present on Google maps, the ability to point on a place and make a route there, you can`t do this on Here maps, you have to push in a street name.

The maps are good with streets but they are lacking in places, for instance on the Romanian shore there is no info on beach names and their locations, or important.

I`m a new windows phone user and i`m still amazed on how much better the OS is than android. The phone is lacking some apps but hopefully with win 10 they will all come to this platform.

Google is making a bad move from my point of view for now since they don`t want to support this platform. I switched in the past from Yahoo to Google, i can switch now from Google to Outlook and other maps...

I don`t believe in brand loyalty and i think it`s stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.