NEC Working on 3D All-in-One PC for Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Just what I always wanted - an AIO with a $1000+ NEC monitor built-in!

Gamers don't want AIOs. They want something that can be easily modded and upgraded! The last thing we want when the hardware becomes outdated is to get stuck with some proprietary crap that would leave even the monitor unusable...

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]Just what I always wanted - an AIO with a $1000+ NEC monitor built-in!Gamers don't want AIOs. They want something that can be easily modded and upgraded! The last thing we want when the hardware becomes outdated is to get stuck with some proprietary crap that would leave even the monitor unusable...[/citation]

I think that sums up everyones comments in 1 hit.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
You guys are right on the money. Most of us already build our own gaming rigs which will outperform 99% of this mass-produced crap before its even available for purchase. If you want 3D gaming, then the only special hardware you will require is a 120-Hz monitor and the glasses. However, I wouldn't even bother until 3D graphics start to penetrate the gaming industry.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
No thanks.. i will build my own.. with better hardware and cheaper prices.
why not try the console market.. its full of people who have no idea what they are paying for. :)

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I just don't understand why 3D has become such a big thing lately, it's been around forever. My old ASUS GeForce2 V7700 had 3D using polarized glasses. I remember playing Unreal Tournament with it and the 3D being pretty awesome for the flak cannon but the 2D health/ammo overlay was unreadable.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
iw playd aroun whit my friend Nvidia 3d a bit and its far from great, when you go from great Hd quality to half blury and at the same time it make your head hurt. i need to see great improvements to find this one interesting. and lose the glasses dunno how but they haw to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.