Question Ned help please! Can't access SSD!

Aug 25, 2019
Hey everyone, please help

I have a problem I can't seem to find a fix for. Recently the HDD that I was using to run my windows crashed, I had an ADATA SX6000 m.2 SSD installed on my PC that I was using before as storage. Now when trying to install windows on it, It gives me the GPT partition error, tried to format it but no go.

I installed windows on another external hard drive, for now, to see if I can format it a different way when actually in windows. It's is recognized in BIOS and Disk manager, however when I right click all options are greyed out except for properties and help, it says Healthy (Primary partition) and it is stuck in Read-only. When I try and clear the write permissions in Diskpart I get the Incorrect function error. Pretty much any command in Diskpart gives me that error when trying to do anything with that disk. Tried checking for bad sectors and seems to be fine. Tried clearing the partition and assigning a new one in other programs but I get an error.

I'm out of ideas and everything I research isn't working. Anybody have any suggestions I'm wide open, Thanks!

Aug 25, 2019
When you see the drive in "Disk Management", right click and choose Properties, then select the "Security" tab, what permissions do you see check-marked? Is "Full control" check-marked for all users?
Hey, thanks for responding.
So not all users have Full COntrol checked and when I try it says the media is write-protected, it allows me to continue but seems to flip through every file that's on the hard drive individually. Spent 5 mins clicking through with no idea of how many files I'm actually going to have to click through.

Aug 25, 2019
In the Security tab, are you trying to change the permissions using the "Edit.." button or the "Advanced" button? Have you tried both?

So tried both and clicked through the

"an error occurred while applying security information the media is write-protected"

errors until it gives me an error with the red X saying

"Unable to save permission changes to SSD (\: )

The media is write-protected"