[SOLVED] Need a antivirus software any recommendations ?

Jan 18, 2020
I do not care if its Free or Payed, i want to know a good antivirus software so i can have a calm heart when i go to some shady sites.
Had a problem with my school computer where it had a virus and it corrupted 2 of my USBs then it got to my PC 🐛
So if anyone has any good recommendations for a free version (for my school PC) and a paid version for my Home computer please help a fellow out ?
Thank you for your time :bounce:

Solution
so i can have a calm heart when i go to some shady sites.

No AV will save you if you download something from a site like that, and ignore the warnings an AV tool gives you.

The built in Windows Defender is pretty much just as good as all the others.
Jan 18, 2020
Even the AV that comes in Windows, or the most stringent AV on the planet, will not save you if you do something shady.

If your systems have become infected more than once...it is something you did.
Don't do that.
I dont understand what your on about ? I meant that shady part as a bit of a joke (something shady like download something that might have a virus not something illegal)

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
If you have Windows 10 you do not need a Anti virus software. i'm willing to say that 90% of Virus softwares Cause more problems then they actually solve. Windows 10 has its own built in Virus protection and its actually pretty Solid. And why would you go to sites that you know have Viruses?

Kaspersky Free Cloud AV....used it for 10 months to a year now, zero complaints. (My cpu usage still hovers at 1% when at my browser, so, certainly not a resource hog either)

It definitely blocks some of the web addresses that some streaming websites want to display or direct to....; and, when testing a little known encryption utility software against a folder of files, it interpreted that as a ransomware attack, deleted the small executable , and, restored all my files! (Even though a false positive, I found it reassuring, and, Kaspersky has done quite well in assorted testing scenarios for a while)

I have been a geek for 20 years and used many av , for the past 6 years I have used Kaspersky paid for and it is by far the best I have ever used and is low on recourses usage. DO NOT use MacAfee I tried it for 4 months on 1 pc and malware bytes was always finding items that MacAfee was missing.