[SOLVED] Need a build mainly for photo editing (Future-Proof)

majed.qutub

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Hello guys.

I want to build a pc for a family member mainly for browsing, watching videos, and do photoshop and illustrator and photo editing program. He is not a proffessional, his work requires him to do some editing so it is mild but it is growing bigger. He does not care about any games at all and won't be installing or playing games.He will be buying a 27"+ normal monitor mostly 2k just for a good quality of content while working. the budget will be around 1000$-1100$. Please exclude the monitor, the peripherals, and the case from the budget. It will only include a cpu, mobo, ram, 500gb m.2 ssd, 3tb hdd, and a gpu.

Please help me with a good build to get soon.

Solution
Since its editing and just watching videos, you can get an Intel i7 processor like an 8700k for example which really good. Or go for a Ryzen 7 2700x (I personally recommend the Ryzen 2700x) since it has more threads which are great for editing. You might just want 16GB of ram or go 32 if you like. A graphics card, you go for a simple GTX 1060 or Rx 580 8Gb. Or a GTX 1070 for like 4k video editing. For an SSD, you can get a Samsung SSD which are really nice or get a Crucial MX500. HDD, you can simply get a WD Blue 7200rpm or similar. The motherboard I am not too sure about but I hope I helped you out!

vsneou

Reputable
Dec 9, 2018
Since its editing and just watching videos, you can get an Intel i7 processor like an 8700k for example which really good. Or go for a Ryzen 7 2700x (I personally recommend the Ryzen 2700x) since it has more threads which are great for editing. You might just want 16GB of ram or go 32 if you like. A graphics card, you go for a simple GTX 1060 or Rx 580 8Gb. Or a GTX 1070 for like 4k video editing. For an SSD, you can get a Samsung SSD which are really nice or get a Crucial MX500. HDD, you can simply get a WD Blue 7200rpm or similar. The motherboard I am not too sure about but I hope I helped you out!

Solution
M.2 drives are much less expensive than they were 2 years ago, and now even 1 TB variants of M.2 NVME drives are pretty reasonably priced....

(Backblaze's failure rates on assorted 3 TB drives were such that I would avoid that capacity, and jump instead to a 4 TB model if possible)