Need a decently good light School Laptop

Dec 4, 2020
1. What is your budget?
Up to ~1200 AU$ but preferably ~800-900 AU$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I don't care too much, I just want something that can easily fit in my bag without taking up too much room and without it weighing down, also consider I'll be carrying it around all day.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Anything 1080p and up is fine. Though 720p is fine but less preferable.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Just a portable laptop.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Enough to last me at least 6 hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I mainly play minesweeper, tetris, and sudoku at school, but I'll occasionally play some Minecraft, Among Us or online .io games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Mainly school work with light gaming intertwined, I have a powerful Desktop at home so I don't need anything to play intensive games.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 256GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Well Amazon.com.au would be good, but I don't care.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Probably a couple years, after that I'll most likely flash it with Ubuntu and use it as an extra laptop.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I want an x86-64 Windows 10 laptop, just due to compatibility, though specific brands such as HP, Dell, etc.. I don't really care about as long as it's good.

13. What country do you live in?
Australia, Victoria

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Preferably I'd like 8GB of RAM and I always like AMD more than Intel, but I understand AMD is still quite new to the Laptop space.
Also would like a Touchscreen laptop (maybe with a pen, but I can always buy some cheap one off Amazon) as I do use it for drawing, and I currently don't have any other methods of drawing on any of my computers other than Mouse & Keyboard.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I've been looking for a new laptop recently. One that I've found recommended highly by users is the Lenovo Ideapad 5 with Ryzen processor and 14" or 15" screen, you probably want the 14". They can be hard to find right now. Depending on your budget- HP Envy, ASUS Zenbook, Dell XPS can all be good. I've seen some good recent videos on a youtube channel "just josh". It seems that right now the Ryzen processors are better suited for laptop use- more power with less heat and less battery use.