Need a graphics card that will support 4+ screens for under 300

Phop_1

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/phop1/saved/6Hk4D3

Here is my current build. I have built this but haven't bought a graphics card. My MoBo only has 1 HDMI out. I understand that graphics cards have more HDMI out, but I don't know it they operate the same way as the mobo one.

As of now I have two monitors and a flatscreen tv that I want to connect. I want future compatibility to run a 3rd monitor.

I have been looking at 1060 6gb to start with and I'd like to spend around $300.

Any help would be appreciated!

*update I am not someone who really cares about fantastic graphics while gaming basic or low settings are more than enough.

Solution

An "APU" is a CPU with built-in graphics. Kind of like the older AMD A10 CPUs and the FX CPU. One had graphics built-in and one didn't. The Ryzen CPUs that are available today do not have any graphics built-into the CPU. That model processor will be released by AMD later. The motherboards today...

Hardware Brad

Notable
Jul 24, 2017
As you mentioned, the gtx 1060 6GB would be the perfect card for that budget. If you wanted to save some money you could also go with a 1050ti.

Actually scratch that. As Rdslw mentioned, I am unable to find one that has four video outs. 1060 is the best bet

Phop_1

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Hi I guess I should clarify. My monitors and TV only have HDMI and VGA inputs. I want to use HDMI instead of VGA for a multitude of reasons. I can only find a graphics card that has 1 hdmi and anywhere between 1-4 dvi or DisplayPort ports. So I'm kinda at the end of my knowledge on this subject.

Does this mean I should shoot for a better graphics card? Idk if any have 3 HDMI outs or what an APU is to make my mobo hdmi port work.

kanewolf

Titan

An "APU" is a CPU with built-in graphics. Kind of like the older AMD A10 CPUs and the FX CPU. One had graphics built-in and one didn't. The Ryzen CPUs that are available today do not have any graphics built-into the CPU. That model processor will be released by AMD later. The motherboards today have the ports to support the not-yet-released CPUs but the ports are non-functional.

As was said above, get display port to HDMI adapters if you believe HDMI is the best interface for your monitors.

Solution