[SOLVED] Need a home Colour Laser Printer

rus4u

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
Hi all,

can someone advise a good small, home laser colour printer please?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The biggest issue is finding something in stock. Especially if you just want a simple, cheap, Black and White printer. As the printer market is still slammed from pandemic sales and chip shortages.

Any of the Brother HL-L2300 series will make a good printer. Really, I couldn't recommend Brother enough. Any of their Laser printers should be good. They just work. The only time I ever touch them with clients is to install them. After that, I never hear a peep about any printer issues.

HP are generally unreliable. Losing network connections and needing reinstalls. Also some images or PDF files take forever to print. This is a fundamental driver issue that's been around a long time. I forget if it is the PCL or PS driver which causes the issue. It's a big issue on Macs as they only offer the driver type with the long print delay issues. Windows usually offers both options.

Samsung uses their own printer language. Making long term driver support dubious. Worse you can't use third party drivers if an OS version is no longer supported.

Don't know much about Canon, Lexmark or Xerox. At least their small home units. Their giant workgroup units are fine. Whether that reliability transfers to their small products. I couldn't say.

Reactions: rus4u