Need a mobo+CPU(/w integrated GPU if possible) still sold in retail that work with WinXP

njekorsx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
Having trouble locating stuff that's still being sold while also having WinXP driver support.

Got a program that needs to be run in native environment ( so no virtualization/emulation of any kind ), and need to build a few PCs with parts from retail stores.

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
XP supported intel graphics drivers can surely be found for the 4th gen processors
EG: Intel Core i5-4690 or i3-4600 + motherboard with 97 chipset (B97, H97, Z97)
Do you need specific links? What region are you from?

jr9

Estimable
Dec 6, 2017
What program specifically do you need to run? Unless this is a program that requires 3D graphics processing then any program that runs in Windows XP will run in a virtual machine just fine. The hypervisor provides everything from USB to Ethernet. I'd opt installing Windows XP into a Virtualbox machine and running this legacy software from inside that. Building a PC to accommodate legacy software isn't something I'd recommend to anyone. It's costly, and in most cases, completely unnecessary.

njekorsx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018

I'm in Europe, and yes if you could procure some specific links for the mobos that'd be great :)

njekorsx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018

I completely agree with you but that's just how it is, I need to locate hardware that works with XP :|

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018

I double checked the list of compatible motherboard chipsets, they are: B85, H81, H87, H97, Q87, Z87, Z97
Here is one easy to come by:
Asus H87m

i5-4690

njekorsx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018

Thank you again, but it doesn't seem that that specific motherboard has the required drivers for Windows XP?

I not only need the VGA drivers to work ( from the CPU ), I need the MOBO to also perfectly work under WinXP ( cause f.ex. I'll have to add a PCIE card and that won't be doable unless the mobo has the drivers for that installed ).

If you know of a mobo that has all the drivers for XP + supports a currently-still-in-sale CPU that does have VGA drivers for XP, that'd be what I'm looking for!

Sorry for troubling you ( or anyone else stumbling upon this post )!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Windows XP 8
V Windows XP 9