[SOLVED] Need a new case with a lot of space.

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
So I am in the market for a new case that can fit a B450M pro4 Micro ATX and eventually a RTX 3060 Ti 6gb (282mm). It also needs to have enough bays for HHD/SSD and optical drives. I am currently sporting a X strike Case. Below is the link to most of my build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GQx4Bc

The bays on this one are good for now, but I am afraid the case might be too small for new graphics card. I have power supply already too so need to have built in one.

Solution
Well I can forgo the optical since I have USB ones now. I am using 1 HHD and 1 SSD. I have a onboard SSD PCMi (I think)

If you only have 1 HDD and 1 SSD, you can utilize just about any case out there today.... The multi-bay setups are really for when you have 3-5 HDDs or more. Most modern cases will accommodate 1-2 3.5" HDDs and a couple of 2.5" SSDs - Usually on the rear of the motherboard tray and underneath the PSU shroud.

Given your case supports GPUs up to 400mm and roughly 145-150mm in 'height' (CPU cooler max 158mm, deducting a bit for the HDD rail), you should be fine using your existing case.

The bulkiest 3060TI available at the moment is the MSI Gaming X Trio @ 323mm and ~140mm 'tall' (motherboard to 'top' of GPU)...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
As long as you don't get a particularly tall 3060TI, you should be fine with the card potentially extending into the bays.

How many drives do you intent to have? and how many of each? A lot of newer cases forgo the optical drive outright..... Something like the Meshify 2 would give you lots of bays for drivers, but no optical.

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
As long as you don't get a particularly tall 3060TI, you should be fine with the card potentially extending into the bays.

How many drives do you intent to have? and how many of each? A lot of newer cases forgo the optical drive outright..... Something like the Meshify 2 would give you lots of bays for drivers, but no optical.
Well I can forgo the optical since I have USB ones now. I am using 1 HHD and 1 SSD. I have a onboard SSD PCMi (I think)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

If you only have 1 HDD and 1 SSD, you can utilize just about any case out there today.... The multi-bay setups are really for when you have 3-5 HDDs or more. Most modern cases will accommodate 1-2 3.5" HDDs and a couple of 2.5" SSDs - Usually on the rear of the motherboard tray and underneath the PSU shroud.

Given your case supports GPUs up to 400mm and roughly 145-150mm in 'height' (CPU cooler max 158mm, deducting a bit for the HDD rail), you should be fine using your existing case.

The bulkiest 3060TI available at the moment is the MSI Gaming X Trio @ 323mm and ~140mm 'tall' (motherboard to 'top' of GPU), so that should fit in your existing case.

Solution