[SOLVED] Need a New CPU Heatsink for High Profile RAM (under $40)

Dec 3, 2022
Hi all, I just purchased four sticks of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, which is quite tall and it interferes with my ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro heatsink ($23 new when I got it) which has a deep fan that overhangs one of the ram slots. I’m looking to replace the ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro with a thinner heatsink for under $40, which option would be best at this price point?

My specs:
CPU: Intel i7 8700
MOBO: ASUS Prime Z370-A (LGA1151)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (four sticks)
CASE: Cougar MX330 Mid Tower

Thanks in advance.

Dec 3, 2022
Thanks for the reply Phaaze88. I'm not able to find the Thermalright Burst Assassin and the ones on Amazon have very little reviews and seem questionable. Do you know where (or if) these can be purchased? I saw a review by Gamers Nexus where he also recommended the Thermalright Assassin IF you can find them.

If it's not possible to get the Thermalright Assassin anymore, then looking up comparisons on the other three I'll likely go with the Deepcool. The fan doesn't even extend beyond the mounting bracket, so I'll have nothing to worry about with my RAM.

Thanks again.

Dec 3, 2022
Yeah, I can find the other three, just not the Thermalright. The Thermalright that I saw recommended in the Gamers Nexus video was the Thermalright Assassin Spirit 120. But just searching for Thermalright Assassin in general doesn't seem to bring up much, which is unfortunate. I think I'll go with the Deepcool AG400 then as this seems to rank the best of the remaining three, is certainly compact enough, and just happens to be the cheapest... that's always nice. :) Thanks again.