[SOLVED] Need a New GPU?

Marowak43

Reputable
Mar 30, 2017
Hello, I recently upgraded my old PC, but kept the old GPUs.
CPU: Ryzen 2700X
Mobo: Asus Strix Gaming-F
PSU: 650 Evga Supernova
GPUs: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X (2017) and Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus Gaming
(SLI configured)

So, I bought the MSI from Amazon in 2017, and then the Gigabyte in Summer of 2019. However, when I play games like FS 19 or Just Cause 4, the MSI maxes out and hardly uses the other GPU

Whats a good GPU I can pick up for a reasonable price and expect pretty good performance? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
First of all, what's your budget. I'm having a bit difficulty understanding what you want, but if you want a completely new single GPU, if you can afford it, I would get an rtx 2070.

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
First of all, what's your budget. I'm having a bit difficulty understanding what you want, but if you want a completely new single GPU, if you can afford it, I would get an rtx 2070.

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
You are going to need more than 700W of power from a reliably built PSU if you want to retain that SLI setup. That's the issue I see with your current setup. To add, did you reinstall your OS after the upgrade? Another point, pick the single most powerful GPU your wallet can afford and that your PSU supports.

Marowak43

Reputable
Mar 30, 2017
You are going to need more than 700W of power from a reliably built PSU if you want to retain that SLI setup. That's the issue I see with your current setup. To add, did you reinstall your OS after the upgrade? Another point, pick the single most powerful GPU your wallet can afford and that your PSU supports.
When I upgraded, I just unplugged my SSD and plugged in back in to the new motherboard. What PSU would you suggest?