Question Need a recommendation for a USB-C male to USB-C male cable with a length of at least 1.5m, ideally 2m (for use with a USB-C monitor)

njekorsx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
My original Dell USB-C(TB3 I guess?) cable that came with my monitor died and I haven't been able to get it replaced with an OEM cable as it seems that Dell doesn't sell those cables. I've bought a Belkin supposedly TB3 cable but it doesn't seem to be working with the monitor whatsoever.

Any of you kind souls know of a cable that will work FOR SURE with my screen? USB-C monitor in question is Dell P2719HC btw, the replacement cable I bought was this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-T...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 and the original cable has this written on it "KPWHV-AA10-895, type C Gen1 5A"

njekorsx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
I'm not sure that the Belkin TB3 cable I bought is an "active" cable? It also seems that I've bought a gen2 usb-c to usb-c cable when the one supplied with the monitor is gen1?

This whole USB C to USB C cable business is so infuriating, and the scarcity of the products don't help at all - how hard is it to find a USB-C cable with video that is 1.5m/2m in length..

Anyway, can you recommend something off eBay.co.uk though? I don't deal with Amazon due to ridiculous shipping fees, I refuse to pay 50 USD to ship a ~14 USD cable.