Question Need a replacement wifi antenna

ubronan

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Hi all ,

I need a replacement antenna for the Asus Proart X670-e motherboard
as the one i got is broken, it actually does not even look like the legit one.
I tried it on my current pc as that has also a dual cable wifi antenna but it does not work
When i put back the 2 copper cables from the old antenna poof my wifi is up again
I would like a longer cable as my desk is pretty big and i admit not want to sit near the antenna :D
Like the one i use now that dual cable is about 1m max
Would like a longer 2m+ cable to make sure i can get it on the desk it is a dual cable antenna.
The new mobo is not use in use yet so time enough to get myself the antenna before i start build it ;) i am waiting on more parts to arrive i ordered

You should find a large selection of antenna like these on amazon. They make extension cables also.

Almost all wifi antenna run what is called RP-SMA. This originally was done so you could not replace antenna with larger antenna. Now you will find pretty much anything can think of with that connector.

Everything should be interchangeable you do not need any special brand to run with your motherboard.

A added note do not go crazy with cable length. These small cables have a lot of loss per foot do not buy more than you really need. A extra foot or two doesn't make a difference but you can definitely detect 10 or 20 feet extra. You need much more expensive cables to run long distance.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Just FYI, make sure whether your wireless is working from an M.2 adapter or whether it is a mini PCIe card. I wasn't sure if I understood this to be just the screw on external, or whether the line inside broke. The screw down ones on the outside are pretty much the same but the little barrel connector you snap onto the card inside is different.

I was not aware of this until very recently.