Question Need a sanity checkon Vizio V505-G9 TV

Nov 17, 2019
My church purchased four Vizio TV's here recently for the lobbies. Since they are positioned in different spots and were using analog signaling with the old TV's the cabling is RG59. We're now pumping digital (SDI) over that coax and converting to HDMI at the TV using Blackmagic (SDI-HMI) converters.

The longest distant cable tested shows 289ft. And with the V505-G9 we are getting dropped video on all three HDMI connections. We replaced the TV with a new one same model but no luck same problem. I tried troubleshooting by replacing the converter and the cable from the wall to the converter with no success. I then put another older model TV (Insignia 55") on the HDMI connection and had no drops or issues. I put another older model TV (LG 47") on the HDMI connection and had no problems or issues.

But put the Vizio back on and nothing but drops. I have called Vizio but they want to do testing that has nothing to do with the HDMI connection before sending out a Tech. The only thing I could think of was maybe the RF signal sensitivity of the amplifier in this model is not low enough for the distance. But since I can't find that type of information for the TV I'm at a loss.

I know the RG59 could be a problem but why does it work with the other TV's and not the Vizio. In Brian Westover's article on the V - series (4/25/19) I noted he classified this series as the cheaper model which might confirm my suspicion of a cheaper amplifier. Distances of 72ft and 230ft have no problems. One more, I also tried a AVUE 3G-SDI/HD-SDI/SDI 1x4 distribution Repeater & Extender on this connection at the source to no avail.

Nov 17, 2019
Tried new HDMI cable and the firmware is up to date. Again, by the connections working with NO PROBLEMS with a two different TV’s ... I say there’s something about this model and long distant connections