[SOLVED] Need a single 16gb ram stick

Deanosaurus

Commendable
Mar 26, 2019
Hi guys, I'm looking whee I could buy a single 16 gb ram stick, preferably corsair as I already have a Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz stick in my computer, but looking to upgrade to 24 gb at least.

Unfortunately my motherboard only has 2 ram slots.

My motherboard and processor specs are below.

Asus Z97-P (Intel Z97) 4xUSB3/2xUSB2

Intel i7 4790K - (4 x 4.0 GHZ) - Haswell

Solution
1 Sticks of 16GB of DDR3 usually only supported on the Buffered ECC model, tho there are some ram kits that are non ecc. But the motherboard could only do 8GB per stick, so even if you find one, it probably wont boot up since it's not supported. why dont do 4x4GB or 2x8GB?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi guys, I'm looking whee I could buy a single 16 gb ram stick, preferably corsair as I already have a Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz stick in my computer, but looking to upgrade to 24 gb at least.

Unfortunately my motherboard only has 2 ram slots.

My motherboard and processor specs are below.

Asus Z97-P (Intel Z97) 4xUSB3/2xUSB2

Intel i7 4790K - (4 x 4.0 GHZ) - Haswell
You need to check the motherboard again I think you have listed the wrong one that one has 4 slots.

1 Sticks of 16GB of DDR3 usually only supported on the Buffered ECC model, tho there are some ram kits that are non ecc. But the motherboard could only do 8GB per stick, so even if you find one, it probably wont boot up since it's not supported. why dont do 4x4GB or 2x8GB?

Solution

Deanosaurus

Commendable
Mar 26, 2019
Yes just going to do 2 8gb sticks as I've just realised my mb does have 4 slots, not 2.

Reactions: SamirD