Need advice for an Arma 3 build

Brasskicker112

Commendable
May 26, 2016
Hey all. Been away from pc gaming for about 5 years and have never built my own, so need all the help I can get. I'm primarily interested in Arma 3 and need to stay under $1000. I know there have been other builds recommended but I didn't see any recent ones. I don't need monitor, keyboards, or any other peripherals. This is a parts list I found and modified a little, but I'm open to any suggestions: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7cNzKZ
Thanks for your time and any help.

Solution
Hey Brasskicker112!
I looked at the system requirements for Arma 3 and the spec list you provided will be fine playing Arma 3. Even though you are wanting to play Arma 3 mainly and it is not GPU intensive I would still recommend getting a better graphics card for the future Eg. R9 290 or GTX 960. An SSD would be very beneficial as well for fast startup but in terms of playing Arma 3 it will be fine. In conclusion it is alright for what you want to do but parts list can be improved (PM if you would like me to put a list together). Good luck with the build!

Silly_Sam

Honorable
Jan 26, 2016
Hey Brasskicker112!
I looked at the system requirements for Arma 3 and the spec list you provided will be fine playing Arma 3. Even though you are wanting to play Arma 3 mainly and it is not GPU intensive I would still recommend getting a better graphics card for the future Eg. R9 290 or GTX 960. An SSD would be very beneficial as well for fast startup but in terms of playing Arma 3 it will be fine. In conclusion it is alright for what you want to do but parts list can be improved (PM if you would like me to put a list together). Good luck with the build!

Solution