[SOLVED] Need advice on how to reinstall windows

Oct 13, 2021
I installed windows onto my current system with CSM enabled on the motherboard. I understand that the system will not boot while CSM is disabled. Wondering if anyone knew if I could reinstall windows with it disabled or if anyone had any better solutions for me?

My system has 2 drives ssd so I could move everything from the boot drive onto the secondary drive if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
if you follow the tutorial you won't do anything but choose the location you want to install Windows to.
the installer created with the Media Creation Tool will perform any deleting of partitions, formatting drives, and creating of new system partitions that needs to be done.
just be sure to follow the steps.
Oct 13, 2021
CSM should only be necessary for legacy BIOS compatibility. basically a UEFI emulator.
Windows 10 has no issue running UEFI BIOS.

what type of error do you get when trying to boot while CSM is disabled?

Will go through boot cycle and return to BIOS menu. I currently have legacy BIOS enabled and would like to switch out of it.

Oct 13, 2021
enable UEFI &
I think I found my issue. I made my partitions into MBR instead of GPT. I have to repartition each of my drives to fix this right?

if you follow the tutorial you won't do anything but choose the location you want to install Windows to.
the installer created with the Media Creation Tool will perform any deleting of partitions, formatting drives, and creating of new system partitions that needs to be done.
just be sure to follow the steps.

Solution