Build Advice Need advice on pc build

Budget is flexible but would like to keep it in the 1500 euros range. I play all kind of games, old and new. But would like a pc that Can run the latest stuff and being able to do that for a while
What is the country/s you can purchase the parts from? Do you already have a decent gaming monitor?

Example build source from German websites:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor (€371.88 @ Caseking)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler (€36.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 EAGLE AX ATX AM5 Motherboard (€138.19 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (€121.55 @ Proshop)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€130.89 @ Caseking)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7900 GRE 16 GB Video Card (€523.98 @ Caseking)
Case: Fractal Design Focus 2 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case (€77.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€109.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1510.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-07-30 20:47 CEST+0200

Last edited:
Reactions: artk2219

mryousmell

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2014
What is the country/s you can purchase the parts from? Do you already have a decent gaming monitor
Can buy from Denmark and germany. Perhaps other countries in EU, but those are what i have found the best prices from. I have a decent monitor, but nothing special. The pc build is What i am concerned about tho

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Can buy from Denmark and germany. Perhaps other countries in EU, but those are what i have found the best prices from. I have a decent monitor, but nothing special. The pc build is What i am concerned about tho
You left off the most important thing for a gaming PC. The monitor or TV that will be used resolution and how many FPS your looking to get.

Mar 10, 2020
I would agree completely, but the PSU he chose is not good for what it costs. Just a little more and he can get a top tier PSU like the one in my post above!
I guess it comes down to personal choice. Be Quiet are a fairly good brand, I’ve heard nothing bad about them. I’d tend towards Corsair (don’t hate me) but I have never had problems with them.

I guess it comes down to personal choice. Be Quiet are a fairly good brand, I’ve heard nothing bad about them. I’d tend towards Corsair (don’t hate me) but I have never had problems with them.
Here is a list that can show generally how good PSUs are. The Be quiet! Straight power 10's are not listed and therefore should not be trusted, only the 11's are on the list. There are no good reviews to be found on the units so they seem to be a gamble.

*Edit. I was mistaken on the PSU linked in the build although it is listed its Tier C, and should not be used. The one in my build is tier A and is good. There are other options but not at such a good price imo.

Last edited:
I have all that except the OS. But yeah, might consider upgrading some of what i have already too
In my opinion, peripherals are most to least important in this order: Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Desk, Speakers/Headphones, and then Microphone. If you already have all the peripherals you need the only thing I would look at would be a good monitor and that's it. You can always get all the others when needed. This is a really, really good 1440p 27 inch monitor if you are interested. This is the review for that monitor.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/be-quiet-straight-power-10-800w/11.html

Here is a review for the psu, bear in mind it’s a 10 year old psu, it should probably be replaced
That is not the same monitor that is in his original list. There is no 800w Be Quiet! Straight Power 10. That linked PSU is the Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 800w.

Edit. I just confused them myself. To be clear the OP chose the "Be Quiet! System Power 10 850 W" not the "Straight Power." I hate Be Quiet's naming conventions...

– Tier C • Low-end
be quiet! | System Power : U9 =>400W / B9 =>400W / 10 Gold [850W]

The "Be Quiet! System Power 10 850 W" is a tier C PSU and it costs as much as the one I linked that is a tier A PSU (Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 850 W).

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020
That is not the same monitor that is in his original list. There is no 800w Be Quiet! Straight Power 10. That linked PSU is the Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 800w.

Edit. I just confused them myself. To be clear the OP chose the "Be Quiet! System Power 10 850 W" not the "Straight Power." I hate Be Quiet's naming conventions...

– Tier C • Low-end

The "Be Quiet! System Power 10 850 W" is a tier C PSU and it costs as much as the one I linked that is a tier A PSU (Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 850 W).
Found one review, middle of the road psu, slightly expensive.

mryousmell

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2014

– Tier C • Low-end

Thanks, will go for your suggestion instead 👍 is the pay the only element you would change tho?

Latest posts