• $70 PSU Antec Earthwatts 380W

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • $65 HDD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

tigrc

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
I have a 5 year old dekstop with 200GB HDD and 300W PSU. They both really need to be replaced, because the HDD is noisy and PSU can fail at any time. Would a failed PSU damage the new HDD? Need some advice on that. I will be upgrading the whole system, but right now I'm short on money. I can buy a $70 PSU Antec Earthwatts 380W or a $65 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HDD. I'm not short on space, but it would be great to have more. Besides, my hdd is relatively slow.

tigrc

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Sorry I didn't mention this, but I live in Ireland. The best way for me is to buy them from Ebay.co.uk There is no such PSU in ebay. Generally, things are more expensive here and I chose the most reliable solutions based on reviews. Yes, my system supports SATA, I would even think of buying a SATA HDD if it wouldn't be supported. I just need your votes and opinion on those two items. Thanks in advance!

If it's a choice between reliability and storage that you don't even need then surely it's an easy choice?

I would either go with ScrewySqrl's idea or just the PSU. Either way i would make sure i had a decent PSU.

tigrc

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Ebuyer doesn't post to Ireland. There is one site komplett.ie, which is located in Ireland, but they don't have that PSU. Oh well, I guess I'll pay a bit more for this PSU, seems like it's worth it :) Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it :)