Question Need amplifier for two 10" in-wall subwoofer

catfishhoward

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
I didn't realize that I needed 2 Ws1005 Sub amplifier for my two 10" passive wall subs. From what I've read the Ws1005 will only push around 45-85 Watts? I want to get the most out of my AV Receiver, can someone recommend a amplifier or method for my two 10" passive in-wall subs to get around 150 watts? I was going to buy the AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Power Amplifier 300Wx2 on Amazon but it doesn't have a big enough power supply and I'm not savey enough to figure out how to wire a larger supply without burning the house down. I listed what I have now for my 3000 cubic foot room. I only watch movies so I wonder if the AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Power Amplifier 300Wx2 would be good enough with the DC 32V 5A Power supply, I'm trying to find out how many watts this amp could supply to each 10" sub, I think it's around 80 watts each? Why cant I find a home amp of 300 watt per channel on Amazon?

Onkyo TX-SR494 AV Receiver
Monoprice 3-Way Carbon Fiber in-Wall Speaker Center Channel - Dual 5.25
Acoustic Audio HDS10 in Wall 10"
Acoustic Audio CS-I83S in Wall/Ceiling 8" Home Theater 5 Speaker Set 3 Way 1750 Watt CS-I83S-5S

My Speaker Setup

catfishhoward

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
That Power amp states 300w x 2?

To be fair mate, you have the wrong speakers altogether for that Onkyo amp. How did you end up with those janky ones?
Not many choices for in-wall speakers on Amazon and they are 3-way which I thought would be better than 2-way. I'm also not wanting a professional theater, just want to upgrade for around $1000.

Which in-wall speakers would you recommend? I can still send my back.

Do you have a recommendation for a amp to power the two 10" sub to at least 80 watts per channel?

Do they have to be in wall speakers?
Depending on what you have now, you speaker choice may disappoint greatly.
With your amp and that large of a space I would suggest these.
https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Pack...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A17MC6HOH9AVE6

Those would completely blow your other speaker choice away as far as sound quality , but still a little lacking for 3000sf of space.

catfishhoward

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
Do they have to be in wall speakers?
Depending on what you have now, you speaker choice may disappoint greatly.
With your amp and that large of a space I would suggest these.
https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Pack...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A17MC6HOH9AVE6

Those would completely blow your other speaker choice away as far as sound quality , but still a little lacking for 3000sf of space.
I would like in the wall speakers but i'll look into how to hide the wires. I bought a Klipsch R-5502, Acoustic Audio HD-6c and B077H5DL62 to compare center speakers and I really cant tell a huge difference between them? The R-5502 at the same volume is not as loud. If I walked into a room with all the speakers I'm sure there's a huge difference. I have the speakers in a 5.1 to try out this week. I plan on doing 5.2.2 when all done.

If I don't find an amp I will be sending the two 10" sub back for a powered sub. Don't know why it's so hard to find an amp for two subs? The amp they recommed are under rated from what I've read, WS1005.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023
Not many choices for in-wall speakers on Amazon and they are 3-way which I thought would be better than 2-way. I'm also not wanting a professional theater, just want to upgrade for around $1000.

Which in-wall speakers would you recommend? I can still send my back.

Do you have a recommendation for a amp to power the two 10" sub to at least 80 watts per channel?

I wouldn't recommend in wall speakers at all as you won't get decent enough sound quality compared to regular speakers at the price you require.

Save some money on getting an amp for the subs too.

What's your budget left over for speakers? I can suggest some for you. .

Reactions: catfishhoward

catfishhoward

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
I wouldn't recommend in wall speakers at all as you won't get decent enough sound quality compared to regular speakers at the price you require.

Save some money on getting an amp for the subs too.

What's your budget left over for speakers? I can suggest some for you. .
As long as my Onkyo TX-SR494 AV Receiver is good enough which I think it's actually 80 watts per channel from what people say. I only watch TV and movies (I'm not a gamer and don't play music load). I have around $500 for the speakers for a 7.1 system in a 3000 cubic room. I have attached a link with my proposed layout for now.

I would like to buy them on Amazon if possible since they have good return policy.

My room setup?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023
As long as my Onkyo TX-SR494 AV Receiver is good enough which I think it's actually 80 watts per channel from what people say. I only watch TV and movies (I'm not a gamer and don't play music load). I have around $500 for the speakers for a 7.1 system in a 3000 cubic room. I have attached a link with my proposed layout for now.

I would like to buy them on Amazon if possible since they have good return policy.

My room setup?

OK, for $500 I would start with 5.1, especially with the size of your room. It may be overkill for 7.1. At least you can always add speakers as and when if necessary.

As for a speaker package I have to agree with Uno locogringo. He may be crazy :) but that speaker package is ideal and can be bought from amazon. Not only that but then you don't need to be putting holes in the walls and still hiding speaker cable. Actually there is an Atmos version of that on Amazon too. Klipsch are a good make too and very well rated amongst home cinema folk.
My other go to would be the WHARFEDALE DX-2 HCP HOME CINEMA PACK if thats availabe over in the US.

Don't get too invested in Watts, speaker wise either. With any home cinema package for your budget, the amp will be more than enough to power them and loud too.

Reactions: catfishhoward

TRENDING THREADS