[SOLVED] Need an advise on Choosing the best wireless technology

Sep 17, 2019
I have a set of 20 buttons labeled with 1,2,3,etc in an 5X4 array. For an example, say Elevator Buttons.
Right now all the buttons (1,2,3,4,..etc) are connected using RS232 protocol based wiring.
We want to avoid these wiring mechanism.
So how can I implement the best wireless technology to know which elevator button is pressed and what would be the best architecture to implement (Master controller –Slave elevator buttons or etc..)?
All the electronics circuitry right behind these buttons are enclosed in a rectangular metallic box.
So should I consider any interference effect?
Among BLE, WiFi, Xbee and LoRa, which one should I pick up?

Solution
If it is physically packaged together, then a circuit board, with wiring will be the best answer. You still need to get power and ground to those buttons. Think of a PC keyboard, they still use a circuit board rather than many wireless transmitters. I don't believe wireless is the best answer.
Why would you want to reinvent the wheel. There are likely replacement control systems already designed and built.
Elevators are subject to many very strict safety laws so you likely can not just change stuff. Most times the equipment must be approved by some safety organization before you can install it.

Unless this is some homework assignment the answer likely is to ask the company responsible for the maintenance of the elevators to recommend a replacement system.

Sep 17, 2019
Why would you want to reinvent the wheel. There are likely replacement control systems already designed and built.
Elevators are subject to many very strict safety laws so you likely can not just change stuff. Most times the equipment must be approved by some safety organization before you can install it.

Unless this is some homework assignment the answer likely is to ask the company responsible for the maintenance of the elevators to recommend a replacement system.
Well.. Evelator button is just an example..
I have a similar stuff to do..

kanewolf

Titan
If it is physically packaged together, then a circuit board, with wiring will be the best answer. You still need to get power and ground to those buttons. Think of a PC keyboard, they still use a circuit board rather than many wireless transmitters. I don't believe wireless is the best answer.

Solution