Question Need an Ugrade from GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 29, 2021
USAGE: Gaming. Plays Call of Duty, Rainbow Six, etc. Not 100% sure what newer games played are.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti Graphics (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated) / 400 W internal power supply

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Full System Specs Here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06425046
or can just search " HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0073w "

This was just a budget buy in the beginning, but now it is time to upgrade and was just hoping to upgrade the existing setup rather than buy all new. From what I see the 1660Ti that is currently installed is probably max for me power supply. Would you suggest a new power supply before any upgrades? If so I will take that advice and upgrade the power supply then I can just research what graphics cards for the upgraded power supply. Now for the rest of the setup....does the rest of the setup also limit me on what power supply I can upgrade to? The main goal is to upgrade the graphics card, I will work on the rest after that, unless I need to upgrade other stuff as well. We have already added RAM to 16GB also. He is running everything from an external hard drive as well, I think a larger SSD would speed things up also as far as loading time at least. But anyways, like I said the end goal is the Graphics Card. Thank you in advance.

TRENDING THREADS