Build Advice Need assistance with which budget gaming build to go with, all in the same price range

Relinkosed

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016
Hello, I'm planning on upgrading my PC that consists of an i7 4770, 16gb ram, and a RX 480 4gb, on an MSI H81M-P33 motherboard. Mainly looking to get those replaced, first the main trio of CPU, MB and ram, then in a month a GPU. I live in Serbia, where parts usually go a bit more than the US or the EU. My budget is very limited to 260€ for CPU, MB and ram, and isn't stretchable, and can't wait and save for better parts. I use my PC mostly for gaming and for web browsing, nothing besides that.

First build I'm considering is:
  • Ryzen 5 5600 for 150€
  • Gigabyte A520M H for 70€
  • Silicon Power 3200MHz 2x8gb ram for 35€
  • Total : 255€
This is the one I'm mostly leaning towards as it's a safe and strongest option, since the retailer that's selling the parts offered to update the bios so the motherboard can run the Ryzen 5 5600. There is also a BIOSTAR B550MH for the price of 75€, from another retailer, since the first one doesn't have it but I've read online that BIOSTAR is really unreliable, especially when it comes to motherboards on the low end. And it would be purchased from another retailer that doesn't do bios upgrades and I don't have a earlier gen Ryzen chip to use it so I can do it myself, making it a gamble if the motherboard already ships with updated bios.

The second build is:
  • Ryzen 5 5500 for 110€
  • GigaByte B550M DS3H / GigaByte B550M K / Asus PRIME B550M-K / Asus PRIME B550M-A or MSI Pro B550M-P GEN3 which all go for 110€
Same situation as the first build, the retailer offered to update the bios if necessary for the CPU to work. I also have no idea what the differences in these motherboards are, except what connectors they come with.

The third build is:
  • Intel i5 11400f for 130€
  • MSI B560M PRO-E for 90€
From what I've read and seen this one will work out of the box, no updates required.

These three are the ones I'm torn between. Next month I plan on getting a used RX 6600 for around 170€ to pair it with one of these builds, and play new titles in 1080p on med to ultra settings. So that's why I'm looking for assistance here, I don't know which one of these three options I should go for, as they're all kind of similar in performance, and same in price.

If any other info is needed I'm more than glad to provide it.

Reactions: Why_Me
I would pick the third build.
The performance differences between R5-5500 and I3-11400(f) are negligible.
R5-5600 is marginally faster.
Intel is not as sensitive to ram speeds and compatibility compared to ryzen.
OOPS! I did not realize you were using DDR3 ram.
If your C drive is not already a SSD, I would update that first.

Last edited:

Relinkosed

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016
I would pick the third build.
The performance differences between R5-5500 and I3-11400(f) are negligible.
R5-5600 is marginally faster.
Intel is not as sensitive to ram speeds and compatibility compared to ryzen.
I do not see why your current DDR4 ram would not work on the Intel build, saving some 35€

If your C drive is not already a SSD, I would update that first.
My current ram is DDR3, and yeah I got 2 SSDs, one smaller for the OS and another for my main games.

Reactions: Why_Me

TRENDING THREADS