Need audio help

adamstuart

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
i want to sync one audio source to play through two out puts but im having trouble.im using a USB headset and an HDMI monitor with built in speakers, i have tried the you tube tutorials about enabling stero mix and making it listen but audio will only ever come through one device at a time but i can play windows stock volume sound through one while the other handles all audio, all the help i have found involve using front panel and motherboard/soundcard simultaneously which i do not have as my hdmi is plugged into the video card and the USB headset into the mother board. any help with recommendations are welcome or use of third party applications is welcome also please speak simply to me im not so fast with tech. thanks in advance

Solution
hello, i dont want to start a new topic so i ask a question here. Thanks
Currently i have PC with green audio port usually for using headphone and desktop speakers.
And i have an old Receiver with RCA input only (to connect from PC) and like no digital input. I use cable with red/white and 3.5 jack on the other end. When i connect my reciver to green port on PC, realtek driver tell me to use it as line in/headphone/front speaker out.
What does it mean? Digital music will be changed to analog signal by onboard chips or deocde by my reicever? Why it only have front speaker out/headphone option and dont have line out option? do i need something else to have line out option?
Thanks you, if my posting is wrong, tell me and i will move it...

Ashenone

Prominent
May 25, 2017
hello, i dont want to start a new topic so i ask a question here. Thanks
Currently i have PC with green audio port usually for using headphone and desktop speakers.
And i have an old Receiver with RCA input only (to connect from PC) and like no digital input. I use cable with red/white and 3.5 jack on the other end. When i connect my reciver to green port on PC, realtek driver tell me to use it as line in/headphone/front speaker out.
What does it mean? Digital music will be changed to analog signal by onboard chips or deocde by my reicever? Why it only have front speaker out/headphone option and dont have line out option? do i need something else to have line out option?
Thanks you, if my posting is wrong, tell me and i will move it somewhere.

Solution

Yamitime

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Ashernone : Your pc port is a multiport which can do multitasking .what you are wanting to do with the port In your case it would need setting to front speakers as an output. The port can be used for other things too like line in (input) ( playing a deck or other sound producing item into the pc .

Ashenone

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Yeah current, it is set as front speaker out via green port (my receiver to green port with the cable i mentioned above.
My pc port is a panel with 6 ports include green and mic, the rest is something like multichanel ports. I want to know how to make the green (or any of the rest) be line-out, so i can use raw analog signal from soundboard.
Because i though if i connect pc to my reicever via green port, it will be double amped signal to speaker. Correct me if im wrong.
Thanks for your input.

Yamitime

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Its all available to select in the driver package . Have you just got the basic driver installed ? If you have I suggest googling the full package for the sound card . It will then have customization available to you. They generally detect when a plug has been inserted and allow you to say what it is ,If you say line in then the driver will set it up for receiving sound .

Ashenone

Prominent
May 25, 2017

hi there.
I use onboard sound of B85M-D3H MB, not external sound card.
i checked realtek site and there is only option for me, just install lasted realtek driver for win10, it won't solve problem,
Line in/ frontspeaker out/headphone when i plug the 3.5mm jack to green port on my soundboard, i thought it can be line out instead of line-in, or im wrong maybe?