Need better wireless/wired internet

Inonothing

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
So I live in a house with 4 family members, the router is downstairs in a closet, I'm upstairs in my room. I have a Netgear AC6100 adapter and to put it bluntly, it sucks beyond belief, not worth 15 dollars nevermind 35 retail. My internet shuts off when I'm playing video games, I tried Ethernet today and it is absolutely amazing. I'm looking for some way to get a good connection upstairs for gaming.ive tried power line but it seems slower than the adapter for some reason, any recommendations appreciated. I have an Xfinity router, new enough to have Xfi

Solution
Try using a USB extension cable with the Netgear AC1600 adapter.

The extension cable should provide some flexibility with respect to moving the adapter up and about. Even just a couple of feet may make a difference.

What make and model is the router? Although it should work with any wireless adapters sometimes products from different manufacturer's do not "play well" together.

Who manages the router? That person should be able to help you ensure that the USB wireless adapter is correctly configured to match the router.

Any chance that the router could be moved to a more central and open area? Location can be and is crucial. Relocating the router could help everyone.

Powerline is problematic. The devices should be on the...

Ralston18

Titan
Try using a USB extension cable with the Netgear AC1600 adapter.

The extension cable should provide some flexibility with respect to moving the adapter up and about. Even just a couple of feet may make a difference.

What make and model is the router? Although it should work with any wireless adapters sometimes products from different manufacturer's do not "play well" together.

Who manages the router? That person should be able to help you ensure that the USB wireless adapter is correctly configured to match the router.

Any chance that the router could be moved to a more central and open area? Location can be and is crucial. Relocating the router could help everyone.

Powerline is problematic. The devices should be on the same circuit if at all possible. Even if so the condition of the electrical wiring within the circuit matters.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS