Need Confirmation I have a bad card please.

Daslicht

Honorable
Jul 6, 2014
A couple days ago my two monitors started flashing while I was in a game running on both screens. Then, on the second day it flashed again but this time the computer froze and I had to do a hard shut down. When the system rebooted it would come up with little blue lines on the screen and no optimal resolution. I rolled back the video card drivers a couple months. Note: I had not installed nor updated anything in months. The computer booted with black screen (I might not have waited long enough because I still get the black screen but the video I described above finally appears). I uninstalled the GeForce experience and video card drivers, reset and then installed it all again. Same thing. I reset the card, cleaned the system, removed installed the RAM, restored windows and still same results. I swapped cables on the monitors, swapped monitors, same results. As stated I use two monitors one with a direct HDMI to the video card and the other HDMI to DVI adapter to the card. I used HWINFO to monitor the temps and all temps were in the 30 Celsius except for the motherboard temp 5 and temp 2 which from what I have read may not be accurate or even note worthy. Sometimes, like now the video card is showing error 43 in the device manager.

Windows 10
CPU: i7-4770k
GPU: GTX 780 Classified (5yrs old)
MB: Asus Maximus Hero Vii ROG
PSU: SeaSonic - X Series 1050W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Image of computer screen:
0zPsA

HWINFO images:
0zPsA
might also include the screen not sure

Please any assistance would be grateful before I dump money on a new card. If I have to buy a new one I was looking into the GTX 1080 Ti but not sure which one to go with. ASUS and EVGA both have quite a few negative reviews on coil whine, dysfunctional cards ect. Gratitude for all your assistance.

Solution
In order to get an RMA, one has to call Tech Support and they will take you thru a troubleshooting procedure. If you can get them to do this before they confirm that you are still under warranty, you get the benefit of their assistance. They should help you anyway. Of course trying the card and monitor on a different system is always a good step to tale b4 doing anything else.

As for the Ti, I answered a very long post on the topic earlier today which you may find useful

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3523245/1080-buy.html
In order to get an RMA, one has to call Tech Support and they will take you thru a troubleshooting procedure. If you can get them to do this before they confirm that you are still under warranty, you get the benefit of their assistance. They should help you anyway. Of course trying the card and monitor on a different system is always a good step to tale b4 doing anything else.

As for the Ti, I answered a very long post on the topic earlier today which you may find useful

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3523245/1080-buy.html

Solution

Daslicht

Honorable
Jul 6, 2014
I believe since the card is 5 yrs old I would not have a warranty on it. I can call tomorrow to confirm but I'm pretty sure mfg is out of the question. Very informative and helpful post on the 1080 ti thank you. Unfortunately, I do not have another card nor computer to swap parts with.

Well the card can't be 5 years old because that model only came out 4 years ago. And while it only has a 3-year warranty (-KR models can't be extended to lifetime with the registration card), EVGA has the best customer service around so it's definitely worth a call.

Can't see any of your images but code 43 is when Windows has seen your device or its driver fail so many times it has disabled it to prevent it from starting up again.

Daslicht

Honorable
Jul 6, 2014
Appreciate the re-link. I did call the mfg as suggested and it is out of warranty. Not sure how long I have had the card, 5 yrs was an estimate. I did try multiple drivers and even rolled back windows a couple months, still no luck. The mfg did say it would appear to be dead.