Need conformation on parts

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
alright, so i think i have all the parts i want for my budget gaming rig, but i want a couple more recommendations, if people have any. i need to know if my powersupply is good, etc...

here is a link to my build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qMDu

please let me know what you guys think and what i should add (please note i am trying to stay as close to $600 for everything (OS, monitor, parts) so don't throw out something that costs 200 dollars by itself.

i realize my CPU is a dual core and dual cores are becoming obsolete in the gaming world but the reviews said it ran games well and is really cheap, and im not going to be running really intense games like BF3, the biggest game i will probably run is Planeside 2, which i can run on my crap computer with 25 FPS on low settings, which i dont mind.

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

i like that build, except for the case (i dont know, to me it looks like crap lol)

so are you saying that i should take that build and just add in my CPU?

antec builds great cases, no matter how cheap.

if you dont exactly like the case, the corsair 200R costs just as much
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139018&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

but sold out atm

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

is one of those cases any better than the other in terms of cable management, is one of them easier to build in...?

when i said it looks like crap i did not doubt how well it would perform, i meant that it atcuatly LOOKED like crap to me. i didnt like how it was designed on the outside.

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

alright. the case is not that important, but one final question on it, does one have better cooling than the other?

i think i have all the hardware finalized, and i want to thank you for finding that monitor, i have not even used it yet and i think i will like it for some reason.

they are pretty much the same as i said. cant go wrong with either one. corsair does have more support and will replace parts for you if you break something

im not that sure about the monitor either but AOC does make good 2560x1600 screens so they should be a good choice

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

alright, thanks for all your help

TRENDING THREADS