Need cpu help

Chuck_38

Prominent
May 17, 2017
I have an asus m2n e motherboard and I had my cpu go bad so I checked the specs and bought an AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6 GHz 95W Socket AM3 desktop CPU which was on the list but my pc won't load windows

Solution

urbancamper

Distinguished
Solution
Newegg is not exactly most credible source for compatibility questions, always look at manufacturer's site. In this case you can find compatible processors here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M2N/HelpDesk_CPU/
AthlonII and Phenom II processors are not on that list.

urbancamper

Distinguished
Before I went to Newegg and pulled those archived pages, I went to Asus and found the answer.

I tried to make it easy for him by showing him both the motherboard specs and the cpu specs. If you will look at his original question he said he checked the specs and came up with the wrong answer. So how was sending him back there going to help?

I gave him the correct answer. Newegg WAS CREDIBLE. Click either link. Right up top it says am2 socket, and am3 cpu, respectively. I think that is pretty clear.

All you did was back up my answer. I do not appreciate your tiny smarmy ways.

urbancamper

Distinguished
Big if that one. Not like your the only person that understands there is a difference between AM2 and AM2+. You can't always be the first person with the right answer.

Live with it.

Some of you guys that spend all your spare time here are so amusing.