Question Need extra PCIe cable

ShavedKitty

Commendable
Oct 20, 2019
Recently ordered a new gpu and need 3 PCIe cables instead of 2 that my current gpu uses. My pc is currently with me on a long work trip in FL while all my extra cables are in IA. Is it possible to order extra new/interchangeable PCIe cable that will work? Only should use thecables that come with the psu ive been told but id figured it is worth a shot!

Thanks!

Current PSU: XFX pro 1050W fully modular

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Is it possible to order extra new/interchangeable 8 pin cable that will work?

Contact XFX and ask if CableMod RT-series cables are compatible with that specific PSU of yours.

Now, XFX ProSeries 1050W unit is made by Seasonic, and it is possible that CableMod RT-series, which is compatible with original Seasonic units (e.g Focus and PRIME series), might be compatible with your unit too. But don't assume it, instead contact XFX and ask them.

Now, if it is compatible, you're in luck and can order your cable from CableMod. However, if you aren't in luck, ask XFX if they can sell/ship the required cable for you. If XFX isn't able to send the cable either, ask any of your loved one, to ship the cables you have at your home, to you. And that's pretty much it. 3 different options. 4th option is always not to use the new GPU, until you get back home and have access to your excess cables.

Reactions: ShavedKitty

ShavedKitty

Commendable
Oct 20, 2019
Contact XFX and ask if CableMod RT-series cables are compatible with that specific PSU of yours.

Now, XFX ProSeries 1050W unit is made by Seasonic, and it is possible that CableMod RT-series, which is compatible with original Seasonic units (e.g Focus and PRIME series), might be compatible with your unit too. But don't assume it, instead contact XFX and ask them.

Now, if it is compatible, you're in luck and can order your cable from CableMod. However, if you aren't in luck, ask XFX if they can sell/ship the required cable for you. If XFX isn't able to send the cable either, ask any of your loved one, to ship the cables you have at your home, to you. And that's pretty much it. 3 different options. 4th option is always not to use the new GPU, until you get back home and have access to your excess cables.

Wow great information thank you! Easier than buying a new PSU but maybe it is time I upgrade. Believe this one is from around 2012.

Reactions: Aeacus

ShavedKitty

Commendable
Oct 20, 2019
Current PSU: XFX pro 1050W fully modular
How old is the PSU in your build?

Recently ordered a new gpu
What GPU are you trying to work with?
PSU is pretty old thinking 2012-13 and trying to put in a 6900XT gpu which will replace my 5700xt
Maybe it is time I upgrade PSU as well but it would work fine if I had the cable with me.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe it is time I upgrade PSU as well

XFX Pro Series 1050W PSU is good PSU, made by Seasonic and Seasonic is known for making very reliable PSUs. However, do answer Lutfij's question above, since when your PSU has seen quite a lot of abuse (abuse, as in, powering high power consumption GPUs), then going with new unit would be good idea. But when your PSU hasn't had much work over the years, then you might not need to go with new unit, other than for your own peace of mind.

TRENDING THREADS