'Need for Speed: Payback' Arrives November 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

It seems like they're trying to add depth to something that's really just a racing game, rather than a larger game that includes racing like GTA or Saints Row. It looks beautiful, but that's not enough.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I would love to play a good police chase game again like the original Most Wanted or original Hot Pursuit. This trailer shows me a game that wants to be Far Cry 4 mixed with Forza Horizon 3. I am totally confused. It doesn't look good. It looks...well...boring and repetitive.

Matt_550

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
If they wanted to add depth they would try to do the original Most Wanted or Underground 2. Anything following the original most Wanted has been a pile. Last game I bought was Pro-Street. Never again. This game series fell off a cliff and the attempts to get back up have only pushed them down further.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2369135/
(6.5 IMDB stars is too much. I've seen far better movies with ratings in the mid-6's.)

You've been warned.

audie-tron25

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
The movie is good in its own corny way. Although I would say it is closer to a true Fast & Furious movie than all the new ones...

I really hope this game is good. If you haven't played NFS 2016, you are missing out on getting a taste of the direction of the series. It was pretty good (in my opinion) but of course did have a few bugs. The reason I'm hoping for this game is the addition of a story which is my biggest gripe with NFS 2016. As bad/corny as it may be, it helps give the game some direction and I found the story in the last game was really just a bunch of cut scenes, they never really told the player what to do. Some people like that, I don't (to an extent).

Definitely not sold on the whole betting aspect to the game. Is there a better way to ramp up the pressure? I guess we'll find out soon

Status
Not open for further replies.