Question Need guidance for a this excel file for a client and not exactly the best with the software.

MaxTheTech

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016
https://prnt.sc/owmn27

The Screenshot above is the current thing I'm trying to work on for a client who is trying to fix a formula which is seen in the excel. Problem is whenever he does it , he receives a value error. The error is caused by a space between the value and a dollar sign. Now I'm trying to figure out how to remove the spacing in bulk in order to assist and perhaps have a macro to help him for the future. I'll be waiting for replies . Thanks folks

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
What cell type/format are those cells with the monetary amounts in them? It looks like they're just of type "Text", otherwise when someone would have something like 38,87 $ with the space between the amount and the dollar sign excel would have automatically formatted it accordingly. What version(s) of excel are involved here? If you click one of the cells or highlight a bunch of them do you get a little "yield" sign beside the cell(s) that you can click and select "Convert to number"? That should correct it, or try clicking the Formula tab, then click Error Checking which will do the same thing.