Question Need help! 98se running jumptec 7006-0200 + 7.5 touchscreen serial db9

Jun 1, 2022
Hi All,

I've got a custom industrial machine which runs 98se.

It has a 7.5" open frame serial touchscreen operated by a kontron/jumptec 07006-0200 card.

The jumptec card died, I've got the machine working with a regular pci vga card connected to a regular monitor and I'm using a serial touchpad to operate it.

Ideally I'd like to find a replacement jumptec card, I see the card was sold up until recently on aliexpress however those are no longer available.

At this point I have a feeling ill be replacing the touchscreen with another serial touchscreen, I know the ELO 1515 works in this environment however it's physically too big, id like to find another 7.5 serial touchscreen to install inside my device, it looks as if this too is difficult to do as the only size close is a 7" which could work except I only have found usb versions no db9 rs232 serial units.

There are no usb ports on this device nor are there open slots, even if I could find a usb expansion card for 98se, I don't think the drivers would coexist with the software this machine runs.

Does anyone know where to get a new/used jumptec 07006-0200, or a 7.5" serial touchscreen which is compatible with 98se, I've searched the internet hard for last month with no luck.

I'm not down or offline but the compact nature of my system is compromised and in a few weeks this will prove problematic, my business depends on this equipment being sealed, its used in oil research so an external monitor would cause a fire, its used around explosive gasses.

Of course the manufacturer is glad to help by taking this machine in trade and selling me a new one for 785k, seeing how we're losing money, this isn't an option.

If any of you folks have something sitting around which may help me, please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Can you post good pictures of this setup - the PC itself, this card, screen etc, and what is connected to what. I was unable to find anything for this 7006-0200 card.

You know this machine is living on borrowed time. May be it's time to look how to bring it to more modern (and supported) hardware / software.

Jun 1, 2022
Can you post good pictures of this setup - the PC itself, this card, screen etc, and what is connected to what. I was unable to find anything for this 7006-0200 card.

You know this machine is living on borrowed time. May be it's time to look how to bring it to more modern (and supported) hardware / software.

I actually found more info, the 7006 card is a lvds vga card first generation.

The monitor is an lvds touch screen which uses a serial port db9 for mouse type data from the screen.

Lvds vga is used in older laptops to run the lcd unfortunately there's very few small monitors made at this point.

I also found it used to be used in this exact setup for different organs back in 2000, I was contact by someone who also is looking for this card, in his case he needs it for an organ but it's not a mainstream brand so the manufacturer is gone, I was hoping they were alive and I could order one.

Here's a link to a picture, I tried to post mine and it failed..
https://en.aliradar.com/item/325963...0200-00-0-PCI-Graphics-card-supports-LVDS-VGA